Demolition of Meppershall Village Hall
Croudace Homes have been made aware of recent demolition works being carried out in the neighbouring town of Shefford. Therefore I understand that our neighbours and local community may feel apprehensive about the demolition works that need to be carried out to Meppershall Village Hall.
Croudace Homes will carefully interview and select a specialised contractor and carry out all the relevant surveys before any works commence. We will also inform Central Bedfordshire Council of the intended works. Neighbouring properties will be informed in writing of the start date and the anticipated completion date. We aim to give 2 weeks prior notice.
Below I have prepared a schedule of works for clarity.
1. Meppershall Village Hall users to remove all items
2. Croudace Homes will have surveys carried out to establish what materials were used to construct the existing village hall.
3. Safety hoarding to be erected around the Village Hall to create a safe area.
4. On receipt of the survey results a programme of works will be planned.
5. All services to be disconnected.
6. A specialist contractor will commence work with a soft strip of internal materials.
7. Once the soft strip is complete, the roof will carefully be removed
8. The walls and the remainder of the building will be carefully taken down.
Dust suppression will be used for the duration of the process and extra measures will be in place to minimise the effect on neighbouring properties.
This process is part of the normal planned approach by Croudace and has been discussed in depth with the Parish Council and Meppershall Village Hall Committee.
Simon Adamson, MCIOB